WE WOULD LOVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HELP YOU BUY A HOME!
Buying a home can be an overwhelming process. From financing to negotiating to closing, there are a lot of moving pieces that can leave homebuyers frustrated, bewildered and overwhelmed. At Inhabit East Bay, we do more than help you buy a home, we are the ones who pave the road to homeownership so it can be an enjoyable and exciting memory!
By working with a professional and seasoned REALTOR® and Loan Officer, who knows the ins and outs of the real estate AND mortgage worlds here in the East Bay Area, you’ll not only end up with a great home, but you’ll also walk away with a great experience.
*THE BEST PART: Having our own in-house Loan Officer allows us to write the most competitive offers with more competitive terms than most other real estate companies!
Summary of the Home Buying Process:
FIND A REALTOR®
- It’s FREE! The seller is always responsible for paying agents’ commissions.
- Schedule a consultation to go over what you are looking for in a home and what your budget is.
PRE APPROVAL & SETTING A BUDGET
- Get pre-approved with Inhabit East Bay or through your Loan Officer of choice.
- Many buyers find themselves pre-approved for more than they are comfortable spending. You will decide what you’re comfortable spending on your monthly payments which will then determine the price range your home search is set to.
- We will get you set up with your own home search site.
- We will notify you of open houses and we can also schedule private showings.
WRITING AN OFFER
- First, we request disclosures from the listing agent. This will include any inspections that have been done, any liens on the home, etc.
- We will suggest an offer price using comparable recent sales in the neighborhood, but you will decide your own offer price.
- Other documents to submit with the offer include proof of funds, pre-approval letter from lender, and letter to the seller.
- Your offer is then signed by you and sent to the listing agent.
- Once your offer is accepted, we will assist you in navigating the escrow process!
AFTER OFFER ACCEPTANCE
- You are now in escrow! An Earnest Money Deposit is made to escrow.
- We will guide you through the inspection process. This can be a HUGE negotiating tool used to cover closing costs, get repairs, or even lower purchase price.
- Loan requirements are completed, goes into underwriting, the loan is approved and funded.
- Signing your mortgage docs.
- The sale is recorded
- Receive keys!
- Welcome home!